I’ve bought an ebook which (as it turned out after I’ve bought it) is provided in the Adobe Digital Editions format (acsm). This means that the book is DRM-protected and you need ADE to read it on a PC or a compatible ebook reader. Kindle is not one of them.
To read it on Kindle, I have
- Installed Adobe Digital Editions and registered it with my Adobe account.
- Downloaded the book from the shop (told the browser to open the acsm file with ADE).
- Found the epub file on my computer (in my documents).
- Installed Calibre and plugins to remove DRM as explained here.
- Closed Calibre, opened it again.
- Added the epub file to Calibre. The installed plugins de-DRM-ed the epub file.
- Connected Kindle to the computer and used Send to device tool to automatically convert the ebook and upload it to Kindle. (Note: I’ve first tried to manually convert the book from epub to mobi format, but for some reason I couldn’t find the mobi file after the conversion.)